Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chicken Avocado with Bacon Cilantro and Garlic Dressing



Chicken Avocado with Bacon, Cilantro and Garlic Dressing

I haven't done a chicken recipe for a while so I wanted to post something different than the normal chicken meals. This recipe turned out amazing. The flavors of the bacon, cilantro and garlic dressing with the avocado and chicken all come together for one delicious meal. My only regret is not making a bigger batch of the dressing so I would have had some left over for today. I served it with a side salad with ranch dressing which added even more flavor. 

Cooking the Chicken

I love seasoning and cooking chicken breasts in the skillet. I use fresh chicken breasts and they are usually pretty thick so I cut them in half long ways. I pour olive oil on them so they are coated and season well with my favorite seasonings, (Lawry's, garlic salt, onion powder, salt, pepper and some dried parsley flakes). I let them marinate for a while if I have the time. Cook on medium to high heat and don't turn chicken until nice and brown on both side and cooked through. 

Ingredients

Desired amount of chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon cooked crispy enough to crumble
6 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup of water
4 T. of the bacon grease
4 T. of fresh lime juice
4 T of chopped cilantro
3 t. of Truvia for Keto or Sugar
kosher salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Cook your chicken breasts. Cook your bacon until done well enough to crumble when cooled. KEEP THE BACON GREASE. Don't pour that precious stuff out ever! I keep some in a container. Heat your skillet and add 4-5 T of the bacon grease over medium heat. Add garlic, water, lime juice and sugar and simmer for 1 minute. Add the cilantro, season with salt and pepper, add the crumbled bacon and like to let it simmer on low for about 10 minutes. 

 Slice your avocado and place on top of chicken and serve dressing on top. Enjoy!

Dressing recipe adapted from Living Eventfully








Thanks for stopping by!



Dori



11 comments :

  1. Oh Dori, if I weren't already married (and if I didn't like men - haha) I would sweep you off your feet and marry you. LOL. This looks amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Trixie thanks! I take that as a complete compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to pin this but it won't let me. Boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried pinning it from my Riches to Rags by Dori board on Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've outdone yourself! This looks so delish! Must try this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I desperately need a diffuser because I have allergies and a chronic cough. This would help me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks yummy. I would like a diffuser in my home because I'm just starting to stick my toe into the EO waters. I think they can really affect the mood in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a diffuser on my home because living in Florida the allergies are almost year round. Diffusing EOs will help my sinuses and my whole well being. I'm new to EOs and am beginning to loooove to many. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this tonight and everyone loved it. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and we put them on wraps. Delish! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made this tonight and posted a pic on your Riches to Rags Facebook wall. It was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Dori, Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How many chicken breast would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!