Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Easy Homemade Creamy Coleslaw





Homemade Creamy Coleslaw


I can't believe it's Saturday again! This week went by so fast and there are only two more weeks of school left for the kids! I don't know if I am quite ready for summer yet, but I guess I better hurry up.  

Tomorrow is my husbands birthday. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he asked if I would make it tonight instead of tomorrow. Sure, why not! He also asked that I would make my Creamy Coleslaw with the steaks he was going to barbecue. It is a really easy recipe so I made it and thought I would share it with you because he says he loves it more than any other coleslaw he has ever had! I have been making this for as long as I can remember. It's a super quick, easy and a delicious recipe that you can make for your home or for a party. Throw it together and let it sit in the fridge for several hours.  





Ingredients

4 cups of coleslaw
2 cups of broccoli Slaw
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 T. vinegar
4 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper or more to taste

Directions

In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix together until creamy. In a large bowl combine the coleslaw and the broccoli slaw. Pour the dressing on top and mix until the coleslaw is coated with the dressing. Cover and put in refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours. Done!








Can't get much easier than that! I told you it was quick. The longest part is letting it set in the fridge. Great side for a barbecue or sandwich. Your family and guests will love this coleslaw. Enjoy!


 Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

6 comments :

  1. 1/2 of what for salt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that T means tablespoon and t means teaspoon. Is that right? I love this salad and like it with some raisins. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this now at least a half dozen times. Absolutely amazing! Love love love it! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason this wont pin to Pintrest. I get a message that says it's been reported as inappropriate or something. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!