Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori! This is a place where I share my experience with raising teenagers, juggling family and work, essential oils, farm life, chickens, food and more of the things that I love.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Kid Approved Chicken Fingers - Gluten Free

Kid Approved Chicken Fingers 
Gluten Free


Since making the choice to go Gluten Free I have been so surprised how easy it has been to eat better and gone are the days of boring Gluten Free foods. There is so much available now in the grocery stores, whole food stores and Amazon. 

Because I am eating better my kids are getting the benefit of it as well. If I eat fast food they will too, bit eating Gluten Free has not been hard for then because most the time they don't even know they are eating it. 

I found these crackers that I talked about in my Diabetes post. They have been a life saver and they have many different flavors to chose from. My grocery store only has the Almond, Pecan and Cheddar. I LOVE THEM! So much you can use them food. Amazon has other flavors available as well  if you don't have them in your area. 




I used the Cheddar ones to make these super easy Chicken Fingers that my kids devoured. They loved them. They have no idea they are gluten free and asked me to make them the next day. 

You don't have to sacrifice flavor and delicious foods to be healthy. 

Ingredients

One box of Nut-Thins (Cheddar Cheese)
  2 eggs
Chicken Tenderloins (mine were about 10 larger ones)
Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Salt and Lawry's Seasoning
Pepper

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Empty the box of crackers in a food processor. I highly recommend having one for many different healthy recipes out there. Mix it up until you can get it as fine as you can. Crack and whip to eggs in a separate bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg first and then into the crackers and put an a greased baking sheet. Season with garlic salt, Lawry's and top with Parmesan cheese and pepper. That's it! Super easy. Bake for 30 minutes. Check to see when brown on top since each oven is different. 
Serve with Marinara sauce and Ranch (optional)





















I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as our family did. 

 Thanks for stopping by!


Dori

4 comments :

  1. Dori, this sounds so good! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!