Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cilantro Lime Chicken over Sticky Rice






Cilantro Lime Chicken over Sticky Rice

I know I know it has been forever since I did a post. Life with three kids in 4th, 5th and 6th grade, chickens, dogs and cats has made blogging a real challenge. When did they grow up so fast? Homework and extra curricular activities have made blogging a challenge. I love it to much not to do it though, so here I am sharing my love for cooking with you. 






Jed, Kallie and Brianna

This meal is quick and easy and really delicious! Even my pickiest eater devoured it AND took it for lunch at school the next day. Really good flavor and tastes delicious over sticky while rice and topped with soy sauce. Enjoy!


Ingredients

3 large boneless chicken breasts 
teaspoon minced garlic
seasoning
dried parsley flakes
 T. of lime juice
sticky white rice
olive oil
chopped up cilantro
soy sauce

Directions

Start making your rice and have that cooking while you do the rest. Wash your chicken and cut off any fatty pieces and cut into bite size pieces.  Heat your pan with approx 3 T. of Olive Oil and heat the oil. Put the chicken in the heated pan and add your seasonings (I use Lawry's, garlic salt, salt, pepper and dried parsley flakes) then add in the chopped Cilantro and Lime juice. Cook until caramelized around the chicken and no longer pink. Caramelizing it makes the difference.  Dish up some sticky rice on a plate, add some chicken and top with soy sauce. That's it!











Please stop by Riches to Rags by Dori Facebook page and say hi. https://www.facebook.com/richestoragsbydori


Thanks for stopping by!


Dori




19 comments :

  1. Hi Dori - thanks for sharing your love of good and easy to make food. I'm new to your blog - found it through Jillee's & Rebecca's (while researching chickens on Jill's Prairie Homestead). How do you find time to do it all? Also, I'm kinda technologically impaired, so I can only get this to work as "Anonymous".
    - Wanona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, trying this now for dinner. One comment I want to make about the recipe. There is no directions on what you need to do with the minced garlic. I'm assuming that you cook it with the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must thank you for thfe efforts you’ve put in writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this educative write up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this educative writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Blog is awesome. Really appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for always writing good things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I every time spent my half an hour to read this weblog's posts daily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. Keep on sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful article. I love your style of writing. It’s inspiring , and I am happy with your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou for this wonderful article. I regularly read your article, all are very amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this article has a lot of information needed, looking forward to your new posts.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Fantastic article. I like your writing style. It’s inspiring and I am truly grateful for the writing style

    ReplyDelete


  17. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted at this website is truly pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to look it over.
    I get pleasure from, cause I found just what I used to be having a look for.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!