Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A few smart ideas....

I got home last night after spending two days at my parents house with my other siblings helping them move into their new home. That is why you haven't seen my posts for a couple of day. My parents have been married 60 years and have accumulated LOTS of stuff over the years. There were many things we got to see that were from our childhood and theirs. I loved every minute of it. We had a great time together as a family and it made me realize how simple life really is. Sometime we just need to take a deep breath, realize how great our life is right now and that it is the little things that matter.

So today my post is a about ideas that are smart and SIMPLE.





After going through pictures of our childhood these past couple of days I am making it a priority to take more pictures of my kids. I am so grateful my mother did this for us and I want the same for my children. I love how these are displayed. SOURCE




These are simple yet add something special. I just love them. It make not be a big deal to someone else, but when you are reading and book or walking by the wall if it makes you happy then it was worth it. 






\
This will make my life a whole lot easier. I get mad at the little things that drop on the floor. Now it is time to SIMPLIFY with a piece of galvanized metal.  SOURCE








My children are my world. I love them so much and in my daily rat race I forget to spend more time with them and to display their "Masterpieces" instead of my own. I have a wall this is going to be perfect for. 







How perfect. You write with a wet eraser pen on the glass. Something so simple could simply make someones day. SOURCE





A few posts back was JARS JARS and more JARS! I mentioned how much I love blue Mason Jars. While we were moving my parents I came across a beautiful big blue Mason Jar!! I couldn't believe it, not only was it a big blue jar but it was my Mom and Dads which makes it that much sweeter.  It was on the top shelf and my mother and sisters had seen it and left it there because they knew I would want it. Thank you!
 I love it and can't wait to put some beautiful flowers in it. 

                                                                                          SOURCE



So those were a few of my favorite smart and simple ideas that just make life a little bit brighter. I hope you can take them time to find your own simple ideas that will make your life easier or that will just make you happy.





No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!