Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pineapple Coconut Banana Smoothie

Picture by Baking Bites


Pineapple Coconut Banana Smoothie

While I am slowly but surely melting in my house today while it is in the 90's outside, I ran across this perfect looking smoothie for a hot day like today. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband that put a little air conditioner in the window so I wouldn't sweat to death while working. I am a very grouchy person when I am hot. I hate sleeping in the heat. It doesn't usually get this hot in Wyoming!

I found this at Baking Bites and now I just really wish I had one. Tomorrow is my sons birthday and these sound delicious to make for an afternoon treat and will be so refreshing.
The ingredients soundwonderful! Hope you enjoy it. 


Update: Here is a tip someone posted in the comments below.  


Put the cut up bananas and pineapple in the freezer for about 6 hours before you make it, it makes all the difference. 

Click HERE for the recipe.


Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

1 comment :

  1. Little secret ill let you on. Before adding the chopped pineapple and bananas into the blender, let them set in the freezer for at least 6 hours. It may sound weird but it works, and will be much more enjoyable especially in the heat you're experiencing right now. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!