Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bless its Heart - Artichoke Crusted Chicken



This was one of those pictures like the Meatball Bubble Biscuits that grabbed me and had me wanting to run to the store to get the ingredients so I could make it right now! Artichoke Crusted Chicken. Bless the heart of the creator of this fine looking meal Sugarlaws.

 I LOVE Artichoke Dip. Love it Love it Love it! To have this type of taste on Chicken? Smack me down and call me Sally! (That just came to mind, I have no idea what that means.)

Seems to be this time of night when I must need a snack because food is sure lookin good! If it sounds that amazing to me it has to sound that amazing to you, which is why I have to share it or I would just be plain selfish!

Introducing.....Artichoke Crusted Chicken 
(Angels singing in the background)


INGREDIENTS
2 six-ounce chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I used canned artichoke hearts, but frozen ones that have been thawed would be fine)
1/3 cup grated white cheddar cheese
Salt
Pepper
DIRECTIONS
Salt and pepper the chicken and then sauté each chicken breast in 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat, for about 8-10 minutes, flipping once, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.  Set aside.
Mix together the mayonnaise, artichoke hearts and cheddar cheese until evenly distributed.  Spread the mixture over the sauteed chicken breasts, and then broil at 400 degrees for about 3 minutes.  Do not take your eyes off them — broiling can lead to burning faster than you can imagine.  When the cheese is melted and bubbling and the tops are golden, remove and serve.




Serve with a dinner salad and Ranch and you got yourself one delicious meal. 
Thank you for letting me share my late night cravings with you. 
Enjoy!
  Dori

3 comments :

  1. This sounds delicious! Going cook it tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Let me know how they turned out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very good! Thank you for sharing, even hubby (who isn't a grilled chicken fan) loved it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!