Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Granola Bites


Chocolate Chip Granola Bites! 

I am really excited to share these with you today, not because they look so incredibly delicious but because they are Peanut Butter Free.  I buy the Chewy Bars at the store all the time. They eat chewy bars everyday. These ingredients provide a much healthier treat than the store bought ones. 

I found this great recipe at Another Lunch. When I find something I really like I always read the comments to see what kind of experience people have had while making them. There are raving reviews on these but what grabbed me the most was all the people thanking her who's children suffer from Peanut and other food allergies. What a great thing to be able to find something something a child who has allergies can eat. Lot's of moms were making these and sending them with their kids on snack day to school because it was peanut butter free! So exciting! She will also teach you how to make granola bars.




Just a few comments from Another Lunch

"Ok, I have to post because we're allergic to peanuts (and other nuts) and coconut (and dairy and oats, and a few other things actually) and if I can find a whole grain besides oats to do this with, I am definitely going to because I am so excited to even see a recipe that is SO CLOSE to being something we can eat! Thank you!!! " Jenny

"I am in a similar position as Jenny - gluten free so no oats. I know there are GF oats but tyring them with all rice cereal is a great idea - sort of like the Cocoa Rice Bars but even more delicious because they are home made :) Thanks! " Susanne

"You are my savior! My daughter is allergic to eggs, milk, soy and nuts and there are NO granola bars on the market. Instead of regular chocolate chips, I will sub Enjoy Life chocolate chips which are allergy free. I make homemade granola, but have yet to find one that does not crumble. Thank you!!! " Conture

My nephew has Celiac's and I know how hard it has been for my sister to find Gluten Free recipes but I can't imagine how hard it must be with those who have children with Peanut Butter allergies. Until today......now they have a tasty treat! Yay!

Wrap them up and have them available for snacks at home 
or when it is your child's turn for classroom snacks. 

I found these life savers at Another Lunch. There is a great tutorial on how to make these so inside of redoing it when she did such a great job I will like you to it so you can get all her suggestion on how to make sure these turn out just right. 



Ingredients:
2 1/2 C. quick oats
1/2 C. crisp brown rice cereal
1/2 C. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. canola oil
1/4 C. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
* optional: ground flax seed and/or wheat germ (I use 3 heaping Tbs. or so of each).




These are made in these cute silicone mini cups. So cute! Look online and order cute different styles for different holidays. 
More Granola Recipes

If you are looking for a great recipe on another Chewy Granola Bar recipe (with PB) or some outstanding Granola check these two links below. Both recipes are amazing. 


                                     Camp Wander - Granola


 Hopefully you will be able to share this recipe with someone who needs a good recipe for a child with an allergy or for just a great healthier snack for Adults or Kids. 

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

 Dori





1 comment :

  1. I'm having a hard time tracking down this recipe. All of the links to "Another Lunch" do not work. Is her site no longer up and running?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!