Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Homemade Bacon Salt - Be Still My Heart (No Pun Intended)

Afternoon Mini Post

I found this on Formal Fringe and the website has the cute Printable as well. Great blog.


Two things that I love and the are combined? Get out!
Bacon and Salt. Those that know me understand. 

I know they aren't good for you BUT to enjoy them on a few things makes it ok. :)



I made this one today and here is a picture of my version. You can get the little jars at Walmart. One of these days I am going to get a nice camera that can take those fancy pictures but until then, this is it!







WARNING: This is made with Bacon and Salt.

What would you eat your Homemade Bacon Salt with? Just to name a few would be Macaroni and Cheese,  Baked Potato, French Fries, Corn, Hamburgers and Nachos. Mmmmmmm.




HOMEMADE BACON SALT
4 slices of bacon
1/4 cup coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Cook bacon strips in the oven or on a griddle until they’re just overcooked.
In a food processor or plastic bag, blend or crush bacon strips until there are only small chunks and a paste begins to form.
In a bowl or jar, stir or shake together the bacon with the sea salt and pepper until well-mixed. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator when not in use.
ENJOY!
Dori












No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!