Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How To: Make the Best Butter Cream Icing - Ever!



 THE "BEST" BUTTER CREAM FROSTING!

They say there is NO MATCH that it is the best they have ever had.
 Two key ingredients, Salted Butter and Rich Cream.

If I wasn't down with a terrible Sinus Infection I would have some lovely pictures for you with my new camera. For now, these pictures will have to do but as you can see this is so very creamy yummy looking frosting! 245 comments on this recipe (see The Kitchen Magpie). People going crazy over it after searching for that perfect Butter Cream Recipe. 

Now you have it, so get to baking and let me know how you like it since I am miserable in bed and need some interaction with some happy Butter Cream Frosting stories. 

Recipe from The Kitchen Magpie

The Best Buttercream Icing ever, all because of rich cream and salted butter. You won’t find another to match the decadence of this icing.

Ingredients
o    1 cup of salted butter
o    3 teaspoons of vanilla
o    4 cups of icing sugar (powdered sugar)
o    4-5 tablespoons of coffee cream (18% and up)
o     
Instructions
1.       Trust me on this one and use salted butter in this icing.
2.      Whip that butter, with a paddle beater if you have it, if not, don’t worry.
3.      Add in the icing sugar. **I came back to edit this to say that fresh icing sugar makes all the difference. Icing sugar goes stale, and you can sure taste it when it does! Crack open a fresh bag for icings, you won’t be sorry!**
4.      Add in the cream. Not milk, cream. I used 4 tablespoons for my preference, you adjust to what you want.
5.      Stiffer icing = less cream.
6.      Whippier icing = more cream. Vanilla…. I used 3 teaspoons, again, you can try a little more if you like.Then keep mixing it until fluffy and thoroughly combined.
Now it is back to bed for me, hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe and that you will now be the one people ask to bring dessert because of that "amazing frosting" you make.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori



3 comments :

  1. Do you have a recipe box? Please email me at bbadway@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this frosting today and it is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I use like vanilla cf creamer?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!