Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Make a Living Wreath......

In the Spring at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. 
Margaret Atwood                 


SOURCE

Plant a living wreath to hang on your doorway, fence, porch or deck to enjoy through the Season. I am head over heels over this heart living wreath! I will show you a few different living wreaths to give you an idea of what can be done with drought tolerant Succulents. 

You can purchase wreath forms from your local craft store in a number of shapes and sizes. The bigger the form the easier it is for it retain water.






Tutorial on how to put a living Wreath together




This also has a tutorial. I love the pink in this. 


 This is made out of an old Cooking (Jell-O) Mold.
  SOURCE



This sells for $100 online. I would much rather learn how to make one myself. Looking forward to the Nursery opening up here in Wyoming. Can't come soon enough!


VIDEO



 If you are a visual person like I am you can watch a video on youtube where you can see one being made and exactly how to do it! 


VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO MAKE SUCCULENT WREATH



Hope you enjoyed these BEAUTIFUL Wreaths. If you watch the video you will see they really aren't that hard to make! If you do make one I would love to see a picture of it when you are done. Thanks for stopping by!

Dori

*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF CHEAP*
























2 comments :

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!