Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Rolls




Cinnamon Cream Cheese Rolls

These little rolls of perfection are so easy to make. Would you believe me if I told you that they are on a regular piece of bread flattened with a rolling pin and the ends cut off? That's right, a piece of bread flattened with a rolling pin. That simple. Here's how you do it. Very very easy.  You also can make them and freeze them. When you are ready take them out and pop them in the oven. 




Ingredients

One loaf of any bread you want. I used Grandma Sycamore's white bread
1 Cube of Butter
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar for Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar for coating
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 T. Powdered Sugar
1 - 8 oz. cube of Cream Cheese

Directions:
Cream cheese should be at room temperature so it is soft. Add 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar and mix together. Mix together Granulated Sugar, Cinnamon and Powdered Sugar.  Flatten a piece of bread with a rolling pin. Cut off the ends. Spread some cream cheese on the bread and sprinkle tiny bit of coating on top. Roll up and then roll in melted butter to coat it good. Don't soak it. After rolled in butter roll in coating mix.  Put on baking sheet with Parchment Paper or a greased sheet. Baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Save your left over sweetened cream cheese for a later time in a baby jar for Cinnamon Toast spread or Bagels.




Cream cheese should be at room temperature so it is soft. Add 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar and mix together.


Mix together Granulated Sugar, Cinnamon and Powdered Sugar


 Flatten a piece of bread with a rolling pin.


Cut off the ends


Spread some cream cheese on the bread and sprinkle tiny bit of coating on top.



Roll up and then roll in melted butter to coat it good. Don't soak it. 




After rolled in butter roll in coating mix.


 Put on baking sheet with Parchment Paper or a greased sheet. 


Baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. 


Save your left over sweetened cream cheese for a later time in a baby jar for Cinnamon Toast spread or Bagels.



Here is your finished product. Your kids will love these and so will you! So easy, no dough to worry about. 





It really is that simple. Serve them warm with a cold glass of milk.
Hope you enjoy these and I appreciate you stopping by!
Dori

18 comments :

  1. How much butter is a "cube" of butter? Is this a 1" x1" x 1" cube? Maybe this is a regional thing... do you mean an 8-tablespoon/4 oz. stick of butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fraurice, I mean a stick of butter. Yes, the 8 tablesppon/4 oz. of butter. I have always called it a cube. Sorry if I confused you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I help feed the Youth Group @ my Church on Wed. nights before they do their thing, This will be a great Dessert they'll love trying, I'm so excited to make this, wow Thanks so much for a new fun recipe, I'm so excited, theirs usually 20-35 Teens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Youth Group will love this and it is such a cost effective way to feed so many. Good Luck and let me know how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dori..
    I was wondering if you can freeze these?? Have you tried? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops just reread the intro part and you can freeze them..lol they look great and will def give them a try..thanks.. :)

      Delete
  6. You can freeze them but I never can because they always get eaten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be making these this weekend!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be added to the menu for my daughters graduation party! Thanks Dori!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you freeze them, do you freeze them before baking or after baking? And if after, do you reheat in oven or just defrost?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can I print out these recipes without all the pictures????

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank u!!! i use to make this all the time in the early 90's...lost the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just made these. Oh my they are GOOD. I had pinned when you posted and now they are in the "Things I have made" board. Oh MY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One "T" of powdered sugar. Is that a tablespoon?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your recipes. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to trying this for a Trivia night on Friday! Quick question, about how many does this recipe end up making? I don't want to spread the ingredients too thin or not make enough. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ! these bundles of goodness were easy to make. Thank You for this recipe. I am wondering if they could be frozen ? Diane

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!