Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken Club Sandwich




Chicken Club Sandwich

I did lots of cooking this weekend and loved every minute of it. I haven't been able to do that for a while. We also carved pumpkins with the kids and had some good family time, lots of laughs and a pumpkin mess.



 




This might possibly be the best sandwich I have ever made. It was sooooo goooood. Chicken, Bacon, Cheese, Avocado's and Tomatoes. Oh my, it was awesome. The bread was really good too, I bought it at Walmart for $1.69 a loaf in the bakery section and it is called Everything Italian Bread and it gave it even more flavor. 

You can add your own ingredients to this sandwich. Red onion slices would be good, lettuce, Ranch Dressing, etc. I will add all of those next time for the ULTIMATE Sandwich. 

This is YOUR sandwich so make it with what you love. Put as much or as little of the ingredients to your satisfaction. As you can see I love cheese. You can't even see the chicken!

Ingredients

Chicken Breasts
Mozzarella Cheese
Bacon
Avocado
Italian Bread
 Butter

Directions

Cook your bacon. Cook your chicken. I buy thick fresh Chicken Breasts and then slice them in half the long way. I coat them with Olive Oil and then season them with my favorites seasonings. My seasonings are Lawry's, Garlic Salt, Pepper, Dried Parsley Flakes and Onion Powder. Put a little Olive Oil to coat the bottom in a skillet or cast iron pan. Put the chicken in and let them cook on medium high until brown and then flip and brown the other side. Generously butter the outsides of the bread, add chicken, bacon and cheese and cook it like a grilled cheese sandwich. When it is browned nicely on both sides and the cheese is melting you can take it off and then add all the other goodies.








I can't tell you how good this was, you are just going to have to taste it for yourself. Let me know if you make it and what changes you did to make it your own.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dori

1 comment :

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!