Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, October 22, 2012

"Dori"tos Taco Ranch Salad



"Dori"tos Taco Ranch Salad

Wouldn't you know it that when we have to travel  2 1/2 hours to my husbands doctor appointment tomorrow that it is suppose to snow! It was in the 60's today! You just never know what Mother Nature is going to bring in WY. I am still loving the fall though. 


Before I talk about this yummy recipe I made tonight I wanted to remind you that if you didn't see the post yesterday on the GIVEAWAY click HERE for details. Make sure you get your entries in for this wonderful mixer.  Winner chooses color!

This is so good, so easy and super fast to make. The kids went crazy over it and it was a big hit. You can use either ranch dressing or french dressing with this. I choose ranch dressing any day for EVERYTHING! 

All the seasonings from the taco meat to the Doritos and the Ranch mixed together make it a really delicious meal. It was a family favorite that I will surely be making again (and don't call me Shirley). Anyone remember what movie that line is from? You youngsters probably wont know this one. Here is a hint....


Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 bag of Doritos
1 tomato diced
1 prepared pkg or bottle of ranch dressing (or french)
2 cups of shredded cheese
1 head of lettuce

Directions
Cook the ground beef and drain. Add pkg of taco seasoning to cooked meat and 1/4 cup of water and mix well. Let meat cool while you shred the lettuce. On top of the lettuce add meat, tomatoes, shredded cheese and 3/4 bag of Doritos chips. Crush up chips and add dressing and mix it all together. Put a serving in a bowl and dress it up with topping of choice. I added some crushed Doritos, cheese, avocado, cilantro and a drizzle of ranch. 







Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

7 comments :

  1. I LOVE this salad! I've been making it with Fritos and Thousand Island dressing, so you know it's versatile. Going to try the Dorito and Ranch combo next time I make it. (Soon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Doritos give it such a good flavor and oohhhh the Ranch....

      Delete
  2. My mom has been making this salad for as long as I can remember. Although she adds kidney beans and black olives and for the dressing she uses 1000 island. Its the best salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious. Thanks for telling us!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dori, I've pinned your baked onion rings a while ago and managed to make a personal gluten free version, check it out if you like!

    http://todayorwhenever.blogspot.it/2012/10/anelli-di-cipolla-senza-glutine-gluten.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link back. My kids go crazy over these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so yummy !

    http://ratedkb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!