Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chicken and Rice with Bacon, Broccoli and Cheese




Chicken and Rice with Bacon, Broccoli and Cheese

Hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. We had terrible all day here and then about 6pm it started to rain and the winds stopped. Those winds about drove me crazy! I decided to cook this meal since I couldn't go outside. This terrible weather also started the wheels rolling in my head on my next giveaway! Check back in the next couple of day for the next awesome giveaway!

Once in awhile I like to make Chicken and Rice. My mother has made this since I can remember. Although I love the recipe I wanted to change it up a bit and add some goodies. After thinking about it I thought adding some bacon, broccoli and cheese to the mix drizzled with ranch dressing would be heavenly! I was really happy with how it turned out. There was so much more flavor and ranch dressing always is served with this meal with a salad and a little drizzled on top of the Chicken and Rice.  I took pictures of the process for you. Enjoy!




Ingredients

1 Can of Cream of Chicken 
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom
1 Can (use one of the above empty cans) full of Milk
1 Cup of Rice
1 lb of cooked crumbled Bacon
1 1/2 cups of Mozzarella Cheese
1 1/2 Cups of chopped cooked Broccoli 
3-4 Chicken Breasts
Seasoning I used (Lawry's, Garlic Salt, Dry Parsley Flakes, Kosher Salt and Pepper)

Directions

Cook the pound of bacon and crumble into pieces and put to the side. Butter your 9 X 13 pan.
Mix together in a bowl the Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom, Can of Milk and Cup of Rice. Mix together well and then pour into the greased pan. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the mixture but leave the tops uncovered. Sprinkle the chopped Broccoli over the chicken and season with favorite seasonings. Bake in the oven at 325 for 25 minutes then take out and top with the cooked bacon and cheese. Put back in the oven for 5-8 minutes and check to make sure chicken is done. Ovens are always different so start with this and keep checking it. Serve with a side salad with ranch dressing. YUMMY!




 









Look at the drizzled ranch dressing on top, it is SO GOOD! Hope you enjoy the combination of flavors in this dish. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

4 comments :

  1. Sounds very interesting! I will check this out! l-arginine dosage

    ReplyDelete
  2. made this for dinner tonight... OMG DELISHOUS!!! it was a big hit with me, my mom and even 1 outta 2 of my lil picker eaters! altho its hard to please my 2 yr old so id say it was a major success!! oh and i will definatly be making this again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size cans of soup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. uncooked rice right?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!