Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes




Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes

I just had to share these with you!  I saw these on Fabulous You Photography and you know me and pictures! It caught my eye and drew me in. Fabulous You Photography is a fairly new site so please click over there and let's give her support and encouragement! These are great pictures and what a great idea to make them into cupcakes! I really want her to get traffic from this and I love supporting new bloggers! 

For this delicious recipe click HERE.

I love Texas Sheet Cake. In my family we have always called it Nachogdoches. My mom made this growing up and I have always loved it.  I have never heard it called Texas Sheet Cake until I saw it on Pinterest. Funny how names come about through our families.

For our family Nachogdoches recipe click HERE (this is the traditional flat sheet cake). Recipe is to die for.  My sister already posted it on One Good Thing by Jillee. For some more great family recipes you can also check out my other sisters blog Camp Wander. What can I say, we are one big happy blogging family. I am trying to get my mother in her 80's to do one! It is my passion and I love it. Must be in the genes.


I am making these for my hubby this weekend for his birthday. I think they will be darling with a candle on top. I would love to hear any family recipes you have grown up with if you would like to share. If you do please share on facebook so others can see! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

5 comments :

  1. You almost got it right... Nacogdoches is my home town, I love that your family has nicknamed the cake after it. The only difference in the recipe I've grown up eating and your Mom's is that we put cinnamon in ours. It adds a whole nother dimension to it. Call it the secret weapon if you will, add 1 tsp of cinnamon to the flour mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon in all the recipes I've seen and used, too. YUMMY!

    Looking forward to trying this for cupcakes (with cinnamon). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you click on the link for the cupcakes you get an advertisement for Cash Advance... Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something has happened to her page. It is like that everywhere that she was linked. I found another link where you can get it. http://springpad.com/#!/decorator123/explore/recipebox/blocks/bookmark/fabulousyoutexassheetcakecupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fixed the links to go to the new link until her page is figured out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!