Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Spaghetti and Garlic Cheese Bread - Family Favorite!






Garlic Cheese Bread and Spaghetti


I wanted to share this meal with you because it is a family FAVORITE! My son gets so excited when he sees me making this. What I love about it is that it is easy, cheap and I have made enough changes to it so it tastes like a good home made meal instead of a store bought one with sauce from the bottle. You wouldn't know it was sauce from a bottle. 


Making some fancy garlic bread and adding meat to the sauce makes all the different. Of course, their has to be a salad and as always my favorite ranch dressing.  The Cheese Garlic Bread has the PERFECT flavor to it with just enough garlic, cheese and butter. LOVE IT! I found the bread recipe a while back on Savory Sweet Life and have been a fan ever since! 


I had a loaf of French Bread so I used that and didn't like it nearly as much as the Baguette Bread but it was still great and the kids and hubby devoured the loaf. We were quite full!
I always have Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese and dried parsley flakes stocked. 


There is usually one bowl left and the little guy runs straight for it every time right after school the next day


 I have taken pictures just to show you how easy this really easy. I promise you will love it and your kids will too!







Ingredients and directions for Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1 24 oz. jar Prego Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1 lb. of Ground Beef
  • 3/4 cup water
  • Your favorite seasoning for ground beef (I use Lawry's, Garlic Salt, Kosher Salt and Pepper)
  • Spaghetti or Linguine noodles. I had Linguine on hand and loved it
Very easy. Cook your noodles.  Cook your ground beef after seasoning it and leave it in big chunks instead of breaking it down to tiny piece like you would for a taco. I like it better this way. Once the meat is done tilt the pan and let all the grease go to one side and scoop it out. Open your jar of sauce (Prego's is the best) and pour on top of meat and add 3/4 cup of water. I do this so it thins out that thick sauce, makes more of it and tastes better. Mix well and simmer on low heat while you do the bread. If you need to add more water you can. Pour over cooked noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with Garlic Cheese Bread and side salad.









The Delicious Garlic Cheese Bread

Ingredients and directions for Garlic Cheese Bread
  • 1 loaf of Baguette Bread  
  • 1 stick of butter softened
  • 3 teaspoons of minced garlic (I use from a jar)
  • Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - no need to measure just cover top
  • Dry Parsley flakes 
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Super easy. Softened your butter in the microwave then add 3 teaspoons of minced garlic. Mix together well. Cut your bread in half the long way and spread the butter and garlic mixture on top. Take your Parmesan cheese and coat the top with it then load on the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle dry parsley flakes on top and salt and pepper to taste. Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes depending on your oven. The finished product is oh so good!








If you have left over noodles use it for a great after school snack. My kids love this and it literally takes seconds to make if the noodles are already cooked. Put some butter, cheese, salt and pepper on top of noodles and cook for about 50 seconds in the microwave. It is nice and filling when they are starving after school! I usually do it with macaroni noodles but I had extra of these noodles. 



Wow, that was a long post. It really is all very simple and delicious. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and that it will become one of your family favorites as well! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

2 comments :

  1. What a meal...simple, easy to do and delicious!! This will go on my meal plan for next week. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 your recipes and cooking tips! Makes life a whole lot easier when it comes to dinner time.. Thanks! Btw making this recipe tonight along with your awesome dippin biscuits!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!