Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Homemade Creamy Nacho Cheese Sauce

Picture by Kitchen Simplicity



Homemade Creamy Nacho Cheese Sauce


Look how creamy that is! Anyone that knows me knows that I have a weakness for Chips and an even bigger weakness for Chips and Dip! I personally would give my right are for the secret Queso recipe from Cafe Rio. It is my all time favorite. I have actually thought of just working there for a week just so I can have the recipe. Isn't that terrible???? 

 I have always loved Nachos with creamy cheese sauce on top. Yum. The problem is Velveeta cheese is so processed! This recipe DOES NOT have VELVEETA CHEESE in it. That is the best part! The other great part is you can make it as spicy or mild as you want.  

I found this recipe on Kitchen Simplicity and I was so surprised after looking at the beautiful picture that there wasn't any Velveeta in it and that hooked me. So I am here to share with you this great recipe from Kitchen Simplicity so now you can have less processed Homemade Creamy Nacho Cheese Dip! Yay!

Click HERE for the recipe.
Enjoy this delicious recipe and I hope you have great plans for Memorial Weekend. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

4 comments :

  1. The website is down. Can you tell me what the recipe is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the recipe too! The link didn't work for me either. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! I will make this for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 oz. pepper jack cheese,shredded

    4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded

    1 tablespoon cornstarch

    1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk, divided

    2 teaspoons hot sauce

    pinch salt

    Toss together cheese and cornstarch, in a medium-sized saucepan, until evenly coated. Stir in 1 cup evaporated milk, the hot sauce and salt. Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat until thickened, smooth and bubbly. Stir in additional evaporated milk, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!