Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Parmesan Baked Potato Halves

Recipe adapted from Fav Family Recipes



Parmesan Baked Potato Halves

The weather here in Wyoming was perfect this weekend. We had family here and spent a lot of time outside. I took 487 pictures! I made lots of food and 4 batches of these potatoes. They loved them and kept requesting them. They are so cheap to make I didn't mind at all. I had just bought a big bag of potatoes and we went through almost the whole bag. They are so good and the flavor with ranch dressing on the side is amazing. Super easy to make and a crowd pleaser. 

Ingredients

6 small potatoes
2 to 3 tablespoons of butter
Parmesan Cheese
Romano Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil
Hidden Valley Ranch Packet Dressing


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub and wash the potatoes. Cut them the long way into halves. Melt butter and put in a 9 X 13 pan. I made a double batch so I put mine on a cookie sheet, if you do this take about 5 minutes off the time, mine seemed to cook faster. Sprinkle desired amount of Parmesan and Romano cheese on top of melted butter. Put potatoes cut side down on top of butter. I sprayed a little bit of Olive Oil on the tops and topped with Kosher Salt. Bake for 45 minutes.









Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dori

5 comments :

  1. These look amazing! I will make these tonight for the family! Thank you! :)

    Diedra Rae

    Anasa Naturals
    www.AnasaNaturals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I came to your blog from Pinterest to check out your stenciled table... only someone had only pinned your blog homepage and not the actual link to the post - then you had it listed in the sidebar (with image) which as awesomely perfect, only there was a server error when I clicked on it.... any who.... I have been perusing these posts on the landing page and am in love with the recipes. What simple yet delicious food! I can't wait to make some for my family. Promptly pinned, even made a brand new category of food I will ACTUALLY make from pinterest. lol (here's proof! http://pinterest.com/mollybermea/food-to-make-for-the-family/)

    Anyway. wonderful things thanks! I'm allergic to a ton of things, but I am certainly looking for easy things to make for the rest of my family as I am usually making 2 to 3 different meals for one meal - whew. okay I'm rambling. I'll be back often. :) - molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these tonight and they were very good. I didn't have Romano cheese so only used Parmesan but this recipe is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made the potatoes for lunch today and enjoyed them very much. Thanks so much for a great recipe and looking forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your blog which I found from your sister Jillee's blog. I made these potatoes and due to popular demand, am making them again today. I do want to point out that in the instructions the Ranch is not included in the steps. I added it with the Parmesan which seemed intuitive and it worked out well. I am going to cut the potatoes into smaller pieces so there is more yummy crust! Keep up the good work, Dori...and thanks!!

    Dana Fulton

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!