Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Four Cheese Dippin Biscuits





Four Cheese Dippin Biscuits

I came up with this recipe while thinking of something that I could make before the kids got home from school. When they come through that door, if I don't have something made it becomes a free for all through the fridge and cupboards looking for something to eat. You would think they hadn't eaten all day the way they hunt for food after school. It's crazy!

I had all of these ingredients and it was perfect. I should have made two batches because my one daughter could have eaten a pan by herself. I made them right before they got home so they would be nice and warm and the cheese still melted. I ALWAYS have a bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing in the fridge for such occasions. I didn't have any this time but I would also have had a side of marinara sauce as well. 

These took about 5 minutes to prepare, they were so easy. I added the minced garlic on top for two reasons. One, I love garlic, and two it adds that wonderful smell to the kitchen so when the kids walked in they knew something good had been baked. 

I used four cheeses so the good melted cheese was inside and the Parmesan and Romano gave it that amazing flavor on the outside. I loved these. 

5 minutes prep time 
10 minutes to cook
Super easy.

Ingredients

Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits ( They are smaller cans that I buy in a four pack)
Mozzarella Cheese
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Romano Cheese (shredded)
Minced garlic
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons of Butter

Directions

Take one of the biscuits and use the ball of your hand and flatten it out. Pile mozzarella cheese and then a little of the sharp cheddar on top and roll it while kind of tucking the cheese in as you go. The dough is very forgiving so don't be afraid. Roll up the ends and then put it in a greased glass pan. I took a paper towel and dipped it in really soft butter and rubbed the tops. Generously sprinkle the Parmesan and Romano cheese on top, add minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. When you take it out of the oven you can add a little more melted butter on top to give it a nice shine and added taste. Serve warm with a side of ranch and marinara sauce. 













It's quick, easy, affordable to feed those hungry mouths and very satisfying. Try it one day with your kids after school. It will save your grocery bill and the messy kitchen they would have created looking for something to eat. Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by and as always your support for Riches to Rags by Dori.
Dori

17 comments :

  1. those look DELICIOUS, Dori! I think I'll make them tonight! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like them. They really are delicious and I ended making a second batch and ate about 5 MYSELF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only sad that I read this recipe while I was eating my dinner because OH MY GOODNESS I WANT :D I'm making them asap. You could throw in real bacon bits and voila, breakfast yummies. throw in a little roasted turkey, and wow, lunch! mmmmm :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are almost like a blank canvas! The possibilities are endless. So glad you like it and would love to hear when you make them. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing and the perfect snack for my little cheese lover. Where are you in WY? I am in the Panhandle of NE about 1 1/2 hrs from Cheyenne, WY. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in Rock Springs, WY. How far is that? How do you like living there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good and easy..my kind of recipe. Can't wait to make them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these as a side to lunch today and they were fantastic! (I've since moved the Pinterest pin from "I wanna try that recipe!" to "favorite recipes", lol.) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looooove cheese so this looks so delicious to me! I must
    try this too... sorry ;D thanks for the receipe and have
    a nice day! I just found your blog on pinterest :) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this. So easy and so much you can do with them. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I'm in the UK...is that dough in cans? What can I use instead? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just made them for my kids for dinner. This is the most quiet it's been in weeks! They are devouring them. I used the standard 8 ct biscuits and it fit perfectly in an 8x8 pan. These are a much better version of the "Bosco" sticks that are served in school cafes but at a FRACTION of the cost. Thanks a million, this is another staple recipe in our house now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just use biscuit dough from scratch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can use made-from-scratch biscuits instead of canned :) Canned biscuits are great but theres nothing like homemade!

      Delete
  14. I made these today and my little miss loved them. I shredded some ham and added it with the cheese. She doesn't really like ham, but she gobbled these up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made these and the ends didn't stay closed....I smooshed them together as much as I could but it didn't stay 2 min after I pit them in.....any suggestions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum!! Looks easy and yummy, that's right up my ally. Can't wait to make for my grandson :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!