Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

TIP: Freeze Avocados! Who knew?!

Picture and Source from Pink Sugar Bowl

Freeze your Avocado's!


Really? How come I don't know this already???? If I don't know it then there has to be others that don't know it! This is huge!! I have lost so much money in Avocados going bad over the years. I would freeze them to make guacamole. I love guacamole and never have avocados when I want them and then if I go to the store they aren't ripe enough yet. 


Click HERE to find out how to freeze them properly at Pink Sugar Bowl. There are lots of comments on her page that have some good suggestions on how to keep them from browning as well with lemon and lime juice. 


This is a great idea and I am so happy to have this information. This is going to be great when those Avocados go on sale. Enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by.
Dori

1 comment :

  1. Hello! I found you on pinterest and look forward to following you there and here. I broke the 200 mark for you... I love doing that! haha. Drop by and say hello at Sand Castles and Snow Forts.
    -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!