Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chicken Quesadillas with Ranch




Chicken Quesadilla with Ranch

It might as well be chicken month here on Riches to Rags by Dori because I have sure done lots of chicken recipes! Yesterday I made the Chicken and Rice with Broccoli and Bacon. I had some leftover chicken breasts so I put them in the fridge. Today, we are stuck indoors again because of the wicked and cold Wyoming wind. While I was trying to figure out what I was going to make for lunch (I did NOT want to go out in this weather). I remembered I had the leftover chicken breasts. Salad didn't seem good, I saw the tortillas and has just bought two big bags of different cheese so that is how these came to life. Very filling, very delicious and very easy to make. Everyone LOVED them. 

Ingredients

Sliced cooked chicken breasts
Mozzarella Cheese (as much as you like)
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (as much as you like)
1/2 stick of melted butter to coat tortilla 
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Salt
Ranch Dressing and Salsa (optional)

 Directions

Heat skillet over medium high heat. Melt the butter in a bowl. Brush both sides of the tortilla (I just used regular flour tortillas) and put in hot skillet. Top with both cheeses and then sliced chicken. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Let sit until the outer edges cheese start to melt. Fold half over and flip. When all the cheese is nicely melted it is done. You can turn it an additional time if you want. Serve with your choice of garnish. Ranch dressing, salsa, avocado, green onions or lettuce. 









This was really quite enjoyable. Who needs a fancy restaurant, we can make these beauties ourselves! It taste just as good if not better. Hope you enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. I keep shredded chicken in single serve sized baggies in the freezer just for these. We don't use butter though. I just spray the pan with butter-flavored non-stick.

    If your chicken is cooked, seasoned and shredded (thaws fast) its the fastest dinner we like.

    I buy as much chicken as I can fit in a slow cooker, season with dry ranch dressing and such and cook all day on low. The real work is the shredding. Once its done we eat off it for a month though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of folding them over, I just put another tortilla on top, then flip the whole thing over to brown the second tortilla. Then, I eat half and put the rest in the fridge for later. I don't bother coating the tortillas with butter but just put a little in the skillet. So easy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!