Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Enfrijoladas Mexican Dish





Enfrijoladas Mexican Dish
A simple alternative to Fajitas or Enchiladas

Ingredients

 8 Corn Tortillas
2 Cans of Refried Beans
Monterrey Jack Cheese
1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste
1 Cup of Vegetable Broth
1 Cup of Water

Directions

Put the two cans of Refried Beans, the water, broth and tomato paste in a skillet and mix together until a low boil. Heat up 8 tortillas (4 at at time) for 30 seconds in the microwave so they are soft. Using tongs dip a tortilla in the beans and transfer to 9 X 13 glass pan. I didn't have one available so I used two 8 X 8's. Put a handful of cheese on the left side and fold over and continue with next tortilla. Pour what is left on top of the folded tortillas but not all the way to the top and top with cheese, salt and pepper. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Garnish with your choice of items below. 

The great thing about this dish is you can make it exactly like this or you can add chicken, steak, shrimp, shredded beef, etc. You can even spice it up with some hot sauce in the beans or add some jalapenos. This is the SIMPLE version with lot of delicious garnish so do whatever sounds tasty.

Garnish

Chopped lettuce
Salsa
Green onions
Cilantro
Sour cream (add a tiny bit of water to make it creamier and not so thick)
Cotija cheese











NOTE: This is to much beans poured on top, next time I will do less so you can see the tortillas still.







 Very cheap and easy to make and tastes wonderful. Hope you enjoy this recipe. We really liked it. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

4 comments :

  1. Actually, I think my family would love these, with or without added meat. How comforting are warm tortillas filled with creamy, cheesy beans. Yum!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going into my permanent menu. My family is going to LOVE this!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to try these. Now that you have provided the recipe I can give them a try. thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question - actually I guess I need clarification:) In the recipe it says to use corn tortillas but in the pictures it shows flour tortillas. Does it matter which ones I use or can one be substituted for the other. Just asking because I only have flour ones right now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!