Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Bagel Pizza

Picture and recipe on Recipe.com


Cheesy Chicken Bagel Pizza


This recipe caught my eye as I passed it on Pinterest. Anything with broiled cheese on top will always stop me in my tracks. The great thing about this recipe is all the different things you could do with it. I am posting it more for the concept than anything. You could make it Pepperoni Pizza or Chicken Alfredo, the possibilities are endless.
 How would you make yours?

We all need those quick and easy go to meals. 






Ingredients
·         2 (4 1/2-inch, 2 1/4-ounce) plain bagels, sliced in half
·         1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
·         1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken breast 
·         1 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preparation
1.       1. Preheat broiler.
2.      2. Place bagel halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3.      3. Spread 2 tablespoons marinara on cut side of each bagel half. Top each half with 1/4 cup  chicken, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil bagel halves an additional 2 minutes or until cheese melts. 

I am going to try this for lunch today because I bought four bags of bagels yesterday!  Hope you enjoy this. 
Thanks for stopping by.
Dori

2 comments :

  1. Indeed, the cheesy stuff is the finest in the planet! Bagels are always a part of my life and this time, I will truly dish this recipe out for my family. I promised them a new treat this week but I haven’t worked on it. Since this dish is easy to prepare, I vow to make it. Thank you for a great idea to fulfill my promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks FANTASTIC!!! Surprisingly I have lost 50 lbs in the last couple months (I have 250 to loose) from adding bagels and cheese variations to my diet. It's SUPER unctuous and satisfies me to the point where I don't have to get fast food anymore. I have a few "GO TO" bagels. They pretty much ALL incorporate a slice and a half of MUNSTER cheese. Odd huh? One of the kids i nannied did that with her bagels and I always loved the combo. Here's what I do:

    I toast the bagel LIGHTLY first
    Then I always add a little garlic salt and add more garlic POWDER

    Sometimes I just put cheese on from here and throw it in the microwave and melt the cheese low and slow, so that the bagel stays tender, not chew-impossible.

    Sometimes after the garlic layer, I will add my FAVORITE spaghetti sauce. Just a super thin layer. It from my churches welfare store, they can it themselves. It's the most AMAZING spaghetti sauce EVER! Slightly sweet. Then I'll add cheese and micro it.

    Then other times after the garlic layer, I will add a few thin slices of my deli's BEST beef. It's boars head London broil, then the Munster.

    I have sometimes used peperoni and mozzarella (along with the pizza sauce)It's just soooo good. totally saved me from fast food binges. just delicious! :) I hope this helps someone!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!