Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken


Picture and recipe by Matt and Aubry Laidlaw


There is something about cheese on chicken that gets me every time! I love it. Please check out Matt and Aubry Laidlaw to see some other really good recipes and give them some traffic since they are fairly new. Us bloggers need to support each other!  Thanks so much. 

This looks like a really easy recipe to make. I can just imagine how good the flavors are together. I will let you know because it is on my list for meals this week. Just wanted to share this with you since it looks so good!






Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken




INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed (I use the big Costco bag)
Pinch of salt
¼ Cup balsamic vinegar
¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese

4 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
8 fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled and thinly sliced into chiffonade
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat on the stove top. Spray with cooking spray. Combine balsamic and olive oil in a bowl. Season both sides of chicken with pinches of salt and place on grill. Brush top sides of chicken with balsamic mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes and flip chicken. Brush with additional balsamic and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. During the last 2 minutes of grilling place 2 slices of cheese over top each chicken to melt.
2. In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, basil garlic, salt and balsamic. Toss gently to combine. Place chicken breasts on a serving plate and top with tomato mixture. Serve warm.




Thanks for stopping by! 
Dori

4 comments :

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm.. I tried it. Delicious!!!
    Thanks for this=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you bake this instead of using the stovetop??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made thist the other night and it was absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!