Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Pan Seared Restaurant Style Steak with Blue Cheese



Pan Seared Restaurant Style Steak
 with Blue Cheese

If you have never had Blue Cheese on top of a delicious steak you are in for a big treat!  Hopefully you don't have a husband who puts A1 sauce on his steak and ruins it! You won't need sauce with a steak like this. 

Once you know how to make steak just like the restaurant, you will never want to pay that much again for a piece of meat when you can do it yourself. This one I made today if better than what I would have paid a good chunk of money for.

 I have been searing cooking steaks for a long time but they were never very good because I was doing it all wrong. I came across a site on Pinterest a while back and it showed me how to do it the right way. I have now perfected it to the most delicious steak ever with my own touch.

The great part is that you don't have to buy the expensive steaks! I always buy the Petite Sirloin Steaks because they have a Super Pack usually on sale that has 8 steaks in it and then I cut them in half for smaller portions. You are looking at less than 2.50 per steak. How much are we paying at the restaurant? Ridiculous! Even if you want to get a good New York Steak at the store you are still saving money buy doing it yourself. 


I do still go out to eat so I can enjoy an evening out and that is when I eat Lobster! My favorite! I can't do that one at home because I can't put the Lobster in the water, I just can't do it. I'm so weak. I have no problem eating them though and besides this could always happen, your never know....






These are my go to seasonings. Nothing special, you can use whatever you want to season yours but this is what I love to use and the flavor comes out amazing.
 The dish is Kosher Salt.


Just remember when you are doing this your steak might need to cook a little longer depending on how hot your skillet is. If it is to pink just cook it longer. 

Ingredients
  • Steak - Rib Eye is great but I use a cheaper steak like Petite Sirloin and it is really good and tender.
  • Your choice of Seasonings (I use Lawry's, Garlic Salt, Accent, Black Pepper and Kosher Salt
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Stick of Butter (4 Tablespoons)
  • Green Onions (optional)
Directions

Pour Extra Virgin Olive Oil all over the tops and make sure they all get coated in the oil. 
Season both sides with your favorite seasonings.

Heat the butter (1/2 stick) and the olive oil in a cast iron skillet to a screaming hot temperature.  Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.   Sear the steaks in a screaming hot pan for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until a nice brown crust has formed. While the steak is searing, continue to spoon the residual butter in the pan on top of the meat while it’s cooking.  Once both sides are seared, place in the center of the oven for about 4-5 minutes, depending upon how thick your steak is. Take out of oven and put back on stove and cook longer if needed. 

Your steak will be ready when it is approximately 135 degrees in the center, or when you push lightly on the top center of the steak and it gently and slowly bounces back.  (Note, this is medium rare. If you are afraid of pink just cook it longer).

Recipe adapted from whitsamusebouche.







Put a piece on a plate and pour some juice on top and them top it with crumbled Blue Cheese while it is hot and cut up green onions if you desire and serve. I like mine pink as the picture shows but you can cook it longer. The taste of the Blue Cheese and the steak is amazing!



Pictures below are for the meat that I cook for my kids. I don't like to give them pink meat so I slice it up and then cook the slices a little longer in a tiny bit of butter until done. 


Here are the kids cut up pieces with their baked potato. They LOVED IT!


Had some delicious hot rolls with baked potatoes and the meal was perfect! 




I just can't tell you how good these turned out. I would love to hear if you try to make them. I really think they taste so much better than the grill. I am sure there are a lot of men out there that will disagree with me but I wasn't a believer until I tried it. 

Thanks again as always for stopping by! Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Dori



3 comments :

  1. Oh, this looks so yummy!!! Going to pin it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I tried this tonight, and let me tell you it was YUMMO! my husba nd who always uses A1 even at $50 a plate steakhousesate it without A1! Thanks so much for the directions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numerous proprietors of Chinese eateries that bombed inside the principal year will accuse their disappointment for an absence of arranging. In the event that you invest some energy exploring and composing a strategy for success for your Chinese eatery then you will probably observe your business succeed.
    roadhouse tavern puyallup wa

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!