Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Strawberry Klondike Volcanoes




Strawberry Klondike Volcanoes



I am warning you now. These are addicting!

The last couple of days I have had chocolate covered Strawberries on my mind! I love them! I have made several batches of them since Strawberries have come out. My kids love them and they are so easy to make. 

Two days ago I bought some Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches at the store. I never have bought them before but they looked good and they were on sale. I was pleasantly surprised, they were the best Ice Cream Sandwiches I have ever tasted. Delicious!
I was having a craving late last night for chocolate covered Strawberries but didn't want to make them so late. I chose to eat a Klondike bar and while I was eating it I was thinking about the Strawberries and then a light bulb went off. I had to combine them somehow, and this is how the Strawberry Klondike Volcano's were created. 

I cut them and arranged them to make kind of a volcano with a hole in the middle. In the middle I stuffed more Strawberries and poured chocolate down then covered the outside with the Strawberries and drizzled melted chocolate over those and sprinkled powdered sugar on top. The very best part is when the chocolate hardens and you take that first bite of Ice Cream Sandwich, Strawberry and crunchy chocolate. Oh, it is divine! I am hooked and you will be too! I will toot my own horn on this one, they really are that good. 





Ingredients

Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches
Strawberries
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips to melt
1 t. Shortening
Powdered Sugar







Put cut Strawberries on next. You can melt chocolate chips in the microwave. I melted about 1 cup of chocolate chips and put in a teaspoon of shortening and heated it up for two minutes and mixed well. 


Slice up some Strawberries and stuff some down the middle and pour around the outside. Then drizzle chocolate all over and make sure you get some down the middle as well. 


I like it all over and messy. I looks better in the end and gives more crunch with each bite. 


I added a Strawberry on top. 


Then sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. 




I ate the experiment. Actually I inhaled it. I didn't even take pictures so guess what? I had to make another one. I couldn't eat a second one so I stuck it in the freezer for my husband for when he got home from work. There was a small problem, around 3:00 I had a serious craving for it again. I ate that one too! I am ashamed but it was so good and so worth it. Don't tell my husband. IT WAS AWESOME FROZEN! You can stick them in the freezer to harden the chocolate and keep the ice cream frozen if you aren't ready to eat it yet. I really liked the Strawberries frozen and the chocolate hard. YUM.





Thank you so much for stopping by and PLEASE let me know how you like this recipe if you make it. I am excited to see what you think. You are going to love it!

Dori

2 comments :

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!