Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mexican Stuffed Shells - Easy Family Meal




Another gorgeous morning here in Wyoming and then once again rain and snow in the afternoon. I can't wait for warm weather to stay! I am so ready to hop in the Jeep and drive out into the wide open spaces! Until then I will enjoy the mornings. 


Picture and recipe from The Way To His Heart


Mexican Stuffed Shells


As soon as I came across these on The Way To His Heart I knew my kids were going to love this! What an excellent idea to make these in the large pasta shells. I will be adding a little bit of finely shredded lettuce, sour cream, sliced avocados and salsa on the side.  I can't wait to make this, just added the pasta shells to my grocery list because I have everything else! I just wanted to share it with you tonight so enjoy!





 Ingredients:


1 lb. ground beef

1 package low-sodium taco seasoning (or better yet use this Taco Seasoning!)
4 oz. cream cheese
14-16 jumbo pasta shells
1.5 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce (This is a smooth, tomato based sauce found in the Mexican section)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
3 green onions
Sour cream

Preheat oven to 350°.
Directions:
In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.  Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.  While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board/baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
Pour salsa on bottom of 9×13 baking dish.  Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce.  Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes, with the foil removed.  Top with any condiments you’d like (green onions, black olives, etc.) Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.

Hope you enjoy this recipe and that it will become a family favorite. Let me know if you make it and what twist of your own you put on it!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to Thank You so Very much for this Recipe! My Husband and I enjoyed this so much it will now be one of our Regular Dinners! SOOO GOOD and so Easy! Thanks again this was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!