Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ranch Chicken and Bacon Pasta Salad

Picture and recipe adapted from Stolen Moments Cooking


Ranch Chicken and Bacon Pasta Salad

That's it! I think I have died and gone to heaven. Everything I love is in this salad and it is all together. I love to eat salads like this with plain Ruffles chips. You don't even need a fork just scoop a bite on to those Ruffles Ridges and it gives it a whole new flavor. It is a family favorite. 



Ranch Chicken & Bacon Pasta Salad
·         1 c. mayonnaise (lowfat or fat-free work just fine for this)
·         1 c. Ranch salad dressing
·         2 c. veggies of choice (I used peas this time. Tomatoes, peppers, olives, green onions and cucumbers, or any combination thereof, are also great options.)
·         1/2 lb. shredded or diced fully cooked chicken
·         1/2 lb. diced and cooked bacon
·         1 lb. pasta of your choice, cooked and rinsed with cold water
·         1 c. shredded cheese
·         Salt and pepper, to taste

1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and Ranch dressing. Add the veggies, chicken and bacon. Stir to combine.
2. Add the chilled pasta and toss to coat. Stir in the shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

This is the perfect salad for the summer and is sure to be a hit wherever you have it. You can experiment with it and add your own twist. Serve with a great cool drink and enjoy.

                Thanks for stopping by and thank you for supporting Riches to Rags by Dori. 
                                                                          Dori

3 comments :

  1. I make a similar salad with same ingredients but use cubed ham instead. I will have to try it with chicken! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this salad! Thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also make a 'vegetarian' version without any meat. Everyone loves it too... so it is a GOOD basis for a scrumptious meal!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!