Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Scoop Nachos with Worlds Greatest Salsa Ever!




Scoop Nachos with The Worlds Greatest Salsa
(Because man cannot live on Chips alone)


Somewhere down the line apparently I didn't get the memo on the cool and smart way to make Nachos! Where have I been and how come nobody told me? My sisters even knew about this great way! So here is Nachos for Dummies like me. 

I went to my sisters house (Camp Wander) yesterday to visit and of course as soon as we get there my kidlets were hungry (now there's a shocker) so my sister asked them if they wanted Nachos. Yay! They were super happy. When she was making them I thought WOW that is a great way to make Nachos! I guess I am behind the curve because she looked at me like I was crazy. THEN, I get online and look up Salsa on my other sisters blog One Good Thing by Jillee and there is the Worlds Greatest Salsa and the Nachos! Both sister knew about this! SO, I took matters into my own hands and created my own little creation. 

 I have always piled chips on a plate and then piled the cheese on top and melted it, doesn't everyone do that? The problem as we all know is that when the first layer is gone you are stuck with a bunch of dry chips that no one wants.

 These scoop nachos are perfect because each bite is packed with flavor and you can incorporate whatever you want on the top. I highly highly recommend the salsa though, it truly is the best salsa I have ever had. I just learned about the nachos and the salsa. Apparently I am slow to this new concept so I am sharing this with you just in case you haven't got the memo either. Why must I be kept in the dark on important issues like this, especially when it is something my kids will eat!


Worlds Greatest Salsa Ever!


Hands down, no lie. Oh the flavor!

Ingredients:
1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
1- 10 oz can original Rotel
1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed (I used 1 t. minced garlic)
1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you like it, I used one whole one without seeds so kids could eat it)
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
juice of 1 lime


Directions:
Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Season to taste. Serve with chips or over tacos.


Perfect Perfect Perfect. I dare you to make it say you don't love it! This was homemade in my house this afternoon in the wonderful state on Wyoming. Yee Haw!


Scoop Nachos

Tortilla Scoops
Your choice of shredded cheese (I like Sharp Cheddar)
Cilantro
Green Onions
Sour Cream for dipping

Layer scoops on a foil covered baking pan and top with cheese. Broil until melted (keep an eye on it). Top with Worlds Greatest Salsa Ever, Chopped Green Onions and Small pieces of Cilantro with a side of Sour Cream to dip. You can make this your own with whatever you want! Now that you have the basics the possibilities are endless. 


 


 
So pretty you almost don't want to eat it!  Nahhhh, eat it. 
for your wisdom, our bellies thank you.


You can't get much easier than that! I promise you will not be disappointed. So good, the flavor is amazing and every bite is full of wonderful spices and flavor. I just wanted to make sure the memo was passed on to in case you didn't get it either. ;) 

Thanks for stopping by and for all the support you give Riches to Rags by Dori!
Dori

2 comments :

  1. Your bellies are welcome. :-)

    Thanks a lot! Now I'm STARVING!!! Those look divine!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!