Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad

Picture and Recipe by ValSoCal


Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad

We survived our first day on Spring Break with the kids. The drive actually went pretty good with little fighting. The kids are wiped out from lots of swimming, roller skating, eating, running and having a good time. Great day.  Now they are sleeping quietly in their hotel beds, their Dad is asleep as well and now it is my quiet time. Ahhhhhh, I love this time.





  

I wish I had a homemade meal right now after eating junk all day. Nasty roller rink pizza, Wendy's on the way here. Ugh, I feel terrible! I ran across this salad tonight on ValSoCal and my body must be craving it because it looks REALLY GOOD and so delicious. I love Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Avocado. You could even change it up a little by adding a few things you love. I might just add some cucumbers for a little crunch. 
Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad

       1 container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
       1 carton fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
       1 avocado, peeled and diced
       1/3 cup basil, julienned
       2 tablespoons fresh parsley
       1/4 cup lemon juice
       1/4 cup olive oil
       salt and pepper
       baguette-optional

        1) In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and parsley, Set aside.
        2) In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato
        mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
        3) Just before serving the salad, stir in the chopped avocados. Serve salad with
        slotted spoon and toasty bread.

What a perfect Summer salad. Can't wait to get home and try this one out. I can just taste those fresh cherry tomatoes and mozzarella! Hope you enjoy this salad as much as I am!

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

3 comments :

  1. Oh man this looks sooo yummy. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to give this a try. Doesn't it just call out summer BBQ with friends and neighbors to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...why didn't I think of this! Everything I love most in one bowl! Can not wait it make this, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're doing so delicious things, I can't get enoug of your receipes^-^
    I don't really like avocados... but furthermore it looks yummi :) Anna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!