Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

French Bread Pizza

 
French Bread Pizza
  
  
This weekend we went to our small hometown Christmas Parade. We went last year when it was 6 degrees outside and this year it was 48 degrees.  I love small town parades, there is just something about them that makes you love where you live. I love the Christmas one here because it is done at night so everything is decorated in lights.  We had a great time.
 

 
 
 French Bread Pizza
 
We made this for dinner tonight. This is the easiest pizza, it's different and it is so good. The kids loved the pepperoni and cheese on that I made for them. I made a second one with extra added goodies for my husband. Very cheap to make and super easy. Next time you are at the grocery store pick up one of the fresh French bread loaves they have out.
 
Ingredients
 
One loaf of French bread
1 jar of pizza sauce (I used Prego Spaghetti sauce)
Mozzarella and Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Any extra toppings you like
 
Directions
 
Cut the loaf of French bread in half long ways and put desired amount of sauce on top. Add cheese then toppings. Cook at 500 degrees until cheese is melted and bread is slightly browned on the edges. Don't be afraid to load on those ingredients.
 
Recipe adapted from What's cooking with Ruthie
 
 
 
 
 

















 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

 
Dori
 


4 comments :

  1. Dori you are a genius! Thank you for this wonderful idea. I LOVE Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have always wanted to be a genius! Thank you! lol Hope you enjoy, we loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to get the topping browned like that, do you bake then broil? it's so simple but I want to ask just the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super duper delicious! Can't wait to try:) pinning

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!